What is the significance of "port number" in ADRadioNet?
The "Port" number in ADRadioNet protocol is used to distinguish the network and data packets. Users can define their own port numbers (other than the network related port numbers) and decipher the type of command(s) sent from the remote device.
Following are the port numbers used in the ADRadioNet protocol.
- 750 -> for heartbeat (PORT_HEARTBEAT)
- 1033 -> for registration request (PORT_REGISTER )
- 1035 -> for sensor info or data (PORT_SMARTOBJS )
- 1025-> for device control (DEVICE_CONTROL_CMDS)
- 1034-> for configuration (DEVICE_CONFIG_CMDS )
These port number and commands are transmitted as part of the header field to other devices, and an example is attached for reference.