Original Question: advantges and disadvantages between the EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z and EV-ADRN WSN-2Z? by ADI_Wei
What are the advantges and disadvantages between the EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z and EV-ADRN WSN-2Z, I don't know which kits should be selected for WSN applications. Please advise.
I need the schamatics of the Boards included in the EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z kits.
Please note, you might have received the EVAL kit with pre-loaded firmware, pre-configured to operate in specific modes. Could you tell if you received any instructions/documents along with your kit. At this point of time, our support is limited to the EDK packages uploaded on www.analog.com/adradionet for EVAL_ADuCRF101MKxZ platform. We'll be adding support for EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z, and EV-ADRN-WSN-2Z hardware platforms on this forum in the ~3-4 weeks time frame. In the mean time, the getting started guide from the EDK package can be used as a reference to configure your pre-configured devices in the way you want.
Here are the answers based on your question, which should help you setup the demo on your own.
1. The connector J2 on the EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z board is to be used for emulator connectivity.
2. Ensure the jumpers A, B & C of LK2 are mounted. You will be then able to detect the devices using the PC tool provided with the kit (ANodeConfig). Once you are successful on this, you should be able to see the sensor data on the centerpoint (on ANodeCenterPoint PC tool ).
Hope this helps.
Both of these are WSN evaluation boards. The first one using single chip ADuCRF101 (Cortex M3 processor with ADF7023 radio transceiver); and two chip solution RL78<=>ADF7024 respectively. Its up to you to evaluate and choose the right combination of parts. If a single chip integrated solution is sought, then the former one is the most appropriate.If you want to explore using Analog Devices low cost and easy to use, low power ADF7024 radio, then the later one is useful.
Thanks. I have the EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z on hand, but don't have the schematics of the boards, could you tell me where I can download those schematics. Whether the boards have the firmware before delivering to us?
Wireless Sensor Network Development Kit – Bunch Version includes:
- Two Multi-Sensor Node Boards which include the following components
- ADuCRF101 Integrated TRx + ARM Cortex M3 MCU
- ADT75 Temperature Sensor
- ADXL362 Ultra-low Power Triple Axis Accelerometer
- Humidity & Temperature Sensor (Sensirion SHT21)
- Photodiode + Ambient Light Sensor (Avago APDS-9005)
- Passive Infrared Sensor (Panasonic EKMB1201112)
- ADP160 Power Management device
- General Purpose Input Connector for other sensors (supports both analog and digital
- CR2032 Coin cell battery
- Form factor: 60mm x 33mm (2.4" x 1.3")
- One Gateway Node
- ADuCRF101 Integrated TRx + ARM Cortex M3 MCU development system
- One Emulator Platform for development and debugging
How to connect the Emulator Platform to the Multi-Sensor Node Boards and how to set the LK1 and LK2?
Thanks. Very helpful.