Original Question: Device types in AD6LoWPAN EDK? by NagarjunaG
What are the different types of devices supported in AD6LoWPAN EDK? Can you explain the functionality very briefly?
Verified Answer: RE: Device types in AD6LoWPAN EDK? by NagarjunaG
AD6LoWPAN uses the following 3 types of devices in a typical network. The last device is for sniffing over the air packets.
- 6LoWPAN Border Router (6LBR):
- Border router at the edge of separate LoWPANs or a LoWPAN and another IP network, responsible for IPv6 prefix propagation within the LoWPAN. Usually the data concentrator for all the data in a PAN.
- 6LoWPAN Node (6LN):
- Sensor node which acts as a RPL leaf node in a 6LoWPAN Network. Collects data from sensors and transmits to border router (directly or via router/s).
- 6LoWPAN Router (6LR):
- An intermediate router in the LoWPAN that communicates with other 6LRs in the same LoWPAN; only in route-over topologies. A router with UDP enabled, can act as sensor mote along with the routing functionality.
- 6LoWPAN Sniffer (6LSN):
- This captures all the packets in a particular channel. Useful in debugging/network monitoring.
- The sniffer is an optional device type which can be prepared by the user to monitor the network in a particular channel using wireshark tool.
Question: RE: Device types in AD6LoWPAN EDK? by ezadminThis question has been closed by the EZ team and is assumed answered.