I am unable to flash my Bunch WSN boards using the supplied PC tool, Is there a procedure that I need to follow?
How to flash the WSN Bunch boards using the ADWSN-UI-Tool?
Follow the instructions below to flash firmware on to WSN BUNCH board.
1. Connect the EV-ADRN-WSN1Z_BUNCH board to PC via USB-SWD/UART-EMUZ interface board using USB cable as shown below.
2. Make sure the links A & B of LK2 are shorted using jumpers on EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z_BUNCH (Rev-B).
3. To put the board in to serial download mode: Connect a wire from P0_6 tap point to ground (pin2 of J1 connector).
4. Click start Button of the “Firmware update” section of WSN Demo UI Tool (ADWSN-UI-Tool) as shown below.
5. Short the pins 1 & 2 of interface board connector (J2) for a while with a wire and remove. Short the pins on the rear side of the board as on the front side USB-SWD/UART-EMUZ is connected.
6. This will enable the sequence for downloading firmware to EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z_BUNCH (Rev-B) mote using CM3WSD tool.
Alternatively, the CM3WSD tool provided with the installer package can be directly used to flash/upgrade the firmware. Please follow above procedure (steps #1-3) to prepare the BUNCH board for flashing code.
- Open the tool from the installed package as shown below.
- Under “File to download”, select the intended binary to flash by clicking on Browse button.
- Choose the COM port the board is connect to, from “Serial Port” drop down list.
- Choose the baud rate as 115200. Check “Autoflash” checkbox.
- Select the Flash Action as Program and Verify and click Start.
- Once, all the settings are done, the hardware has to be put into serial download mode as mentioned below:
- Short the pins 1 & 2 on interface board connector (J2) for a while with a wire and remove.
- This will enable the sequence for downloading firmware to EV-ADRN-WSN-1Z_BUNCH (Rev-A/B) mote using CM3WSD tool.
- The status can be seen on Monitor Status Window. Once the programming and verification is successful, power down and power up the device for execution to start.