Original Question: What are the different types of messages used in 6LoWPAN? by NagarjunaG
I keep hearing different types of messages in 6LoWPAN like RA, RS, NA, NS etc. Can you enlighten a bit on these message types.
Verified Answer: RE: What are the different types of messages used in 6LoWPAN? by NagarjunaG
Control & Application messages are the two broad categories, that constitute of the different types of packets used in 6LoWPAN.
1. Control messages: These messages uses ICMPv6 packet format for exchanging network related information (specifically Neighbor Discovery and RPL messages).
The following are the control messages that are exchanged in AD6LoWPAN.
1. Router Solicitation (RS)
2. Router Advertisement (RA)
3. Neighbor Solicitation (NS)
4. Neighbor Advertisement (NA)
5. DODAG Information Solicitation (DIS)
6. DODAG Information Object (DIO)
7. Destination Advertisement Object (DAO)
8. Destination Advertisement Object Acknowledgement
9. Echo Request (Ping)
10. Echo Reply
2. Application messages:These messages uses UDP packet format for carrying application data.
Question: RE: What are the different types of messages used in 6LoWPAN? by ezadminThis question has been closed by the EZ team and is assumed answered.