We have designed custom board with 6 AD9364s with Virtex-7 FPGA.
During Testing , We keep hitting Tx - Rx Tuning Failed from test application in few cards based on AD9364BBCZ. Your team’s Expert opinion is required.
1) What is the exact meaning of Tx-Rx tuning here?
2) What could be the reason for Tx-Rx tuning fail?
3) Which area (reference clock circuitry of the Board, RF component of the Board, Path between ADC IC and FPGA,IO delay constraining on Vivado tool or Tx-Rx related register value change in c code ) need to be debug while TX-RX tuning fail and initialization unsuccessful occur.
4) Why initialization is getting successful while TX-RX tuning fail issues like below print?
ad9361_init : AD9361 Rev 2 successfully initialized
5) How tuning fail is affecting the waveform in spectrum analyzer while RX ->Tx loop back testing?
6) Spectrum analyzer screenshots of Tuning pass waveform (left) and Tuning Fail waveform (right) are as below images, during RX --> Tx loop back test.
RF signal generator input frequency : 2000Mhz , Power : -25db to Rx receiver, then looping it back to spectrum analyzer through Tx channel.
Please kindly note , this is not common error seen in all cards as few cards have been passed as well.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.