It is my understanding that the RF_EXT_LO_I/O pins can be used to export a divided version of the VCO for debug purposes.
Does the ADRV9008-1 have seperate dividers for the the RF_EXT_LO export and the internal LO used by the receive path?
For instance, lets say that the LO frequency is 2GHz. The ADRV9008-1 synthesiser will be operating at 8GHz and a divide by 4 will be in place to generate 2GHz. Is it possible for me to set the divider on the RF_EXT_LO export to be 2, such that I can export 4GHz?
Graphically, is this configuration possible?
SYNTH(8GHz) ------|DIV 4|---------> 2GHz LO used by the ADRV9008-1 receive path internally | |------------|DIV 2|---------> 4GHz exported out of RF_EXT_LO pins
Thanks for the help!
Yes your understanding is correct.
You can have a separate LO output.
Note: The Ext LO output is provided only for testing purposes and it is not approved for ‘daisy chain’ operation.
Could you suggest me about EXT LO output?
(1) Is it possible to set the divider on the RF_EXT_LO export to be 1?
How to set the divider ratio by evaluation software?
(2) How to set EXT LO output active by evaluation software?
(3) What is the reason EXT LO output is not approved for daisy chane operation?
Output Level is low? Output impedance is high? C/N is not good?
I will appreciate your help.
Please don't post your new queries in the already answered post. There are chances it may get missed.
1) Minimum supported divider value is 2. You can use below API to configure
2) Use below API
3) LO output from ADRV9009/8 has limited performance. The external LO output is only provided for testing purposes and is not approved for daisy-chain operation.