This is a follow-up to an answer provided by Michal Bugajski regarding the possible use of the HP ADC vs. the LP ADC. I have the following questions:
a) are both the LP-ADC and HP-ADC clocked at the same rate during the sampling period?
- if different, please explain why.
b) How does one extract the 5-bit ADC values from the system?
- how are they supposed to be interpreted? Are they MSB or LSB of the 16 bit quality?
- Are these 5 bits "interleaved" some how in the eventual 16 bit I/Q Data stream?
c) Pg: 125, Table 48, calibration bit masks:
D10, D11 - references: "not used when only LP ADC is used"
d) Pg 118, reference to adi_adrv9001_Rx_AdcSwtichEnable_Set()
- when one switches to the 5-bit ADC, how does this change the I/Q data being streamed out of the part?
- is the choice of which ADC to use "exclusive"? (meaning HP OR LP?)
e) does the 5-bit ADC work in a simiar fashion as is described in the AD6676 device? We looked at this, but the fine print said that the ADC is 5 bit only, but provides "a 16-bit representation" of the data.
f) To verify: Does the LP ADC does 16-bit quantization of the input signal
Thank You very much for your time and expertise.