My customer are designing new FIR filter (in FPGA) because FIR performance in AD9371 doesn’t meet their repeater requirement.
For this , they wants to bypass FIR filters in AD9371 like below picture
1. - They want to bypass TFIR/ RFIR. Is it possible?
- If it possible, how to bypass TFIR/ RFIR?
- If they do the bypass TFIR/RFIR, is the delay of transmit path & receive path reduced?
2. - If they can’t do bypass TFIR/RFIR, how to control the coefficient of Filters?
- How to extract the coefficient of Filters in AD9371?Filter
- Zero IF기 fiducially, Passband: 0~49.2MHz, Stopband: 50.8MHz, Stopband Attenuation: Over 50dB
Please advise me.
We recommend to use FIR filters because if you bypass it then the drop in analog response will not be compensated.
You can keep the FIR filter enabled and if required you can add another FIR filter in your FPGA to meet your requirement.
Thank you for your kind explanation.
But my customer still want to bypass FIR filter.
Would you let me know how to bypass FIR filter in AD9371 ?
You can bypass the FIR filters in AD9371 by using the following functions:
For bypassing RXFIR:
For bypassing TXFIR:
You can also retrieve the filter coefficients from the filter file name specified in the following function: