we are using the AD9375 with the Linux Driver by AD. We take advantage of the IIO oscilloscope plug in for AD9371/5 in order to provide manual configuration. We are investigating the Initial Calibration procedure. We made few assumptions and we would like to be sure about it.
1) On UG992, we collected MYKONOS APIs in order to enable and monitor Initial Calibrations. We realized that the MYKONOS library can be used only in a bare metal setup, even if the AD driver takes advantage of it. Is it correct?
2) As suggested by the wiki, in order to use control Initial Calibration procedure, we went here: /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device3# so we had the same options guaranteed by the IIO oscilloscope. Is it the correct procedure? Does the driver guarantee a different access to the Initial Calibrations?
3) As from WIKI, we assumed the following were referring to initial calibration procedure. Is it correct?
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4096 May 31 14:49 calibrate
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4096 May 31 14:49 calibrate_rx_qec_en
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4096 May 31 14:49 calibrate_tx_lol_en
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4096 May 31 14:49 calibrate_tx_lol_ext_en
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4096 May 31 14:49 calibrate_tx_qec_en
( wiki page reference: https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-drivers/iio-transceiver/ad9371#example_linux_device-tree_initialization )
4) We were expecting to have 15 different options of calibration. Are the others performed by the driver only?
We also realized that, at initialization, the driver is providing all the calibrations that are missing from the list, the other 11 points descripted by the mask reported by the UG 992 at page 84 (Table 65). We cannot manually execute the other calibrations.
5) Are the missing calibrations expected to be run only once, at startup, without taking in consideration a subsequent change of configuration?
6) In our system we have the possibility to change configuration parameters of the device in moments other than the startup. Can we do it and consider that the driver initial calibrations could apply?
7) In fact, we were wondering if TX_BB_FILTER, ADC_TUNER and TIA_3DB_CORNER were digital chain config dependent or not. Are they?
8) In this case, is it possible to perform a change of digital chain configuration without restarting the device or, will it compromise the part of the initial calibration performed by the driver?
9) In conclusion, we will always repeat TX_QEC_INT, RX_QC_INT, TX_LO_LEAKAGE_INTERNAL. TX_LO_LEAKAGE_EXTERNAL only, every time the configuration has changed, as permitted by the driver. Is it the correct procedure?
Thank you for the clarification you will be able to provide