Post Go back to editing

Ad9371 Frequency change and Noise Floor

hi,

i am totally new in this field and new some help.
i have 3 question about the ad9371 transceiver ic.
i. How to change the central Frequency in run time and how much time it will take to shift?
ii. what is the noise floor value at RX end at -80 dB, as this ic has sensitivity of -80dB.
iii. How can i reduce the bandwidth (RX side only) without slow down the IQ data rate. (in form at analog.com i found that it may be not possible) kindly explain.
i am new to this domain and still learning we are working with a AD9371 no-OS application currently.
thanks in advance

regards
Asad Asif

Top Replies

• i. How to change the central Frequency in run time and how much time it will take to shift?

The VCO calibration plus lock time will take approximately 260µs worst case.

ii. what…
Parents
  • i. How to change the central Frequency in run time and how much time it will take to shift?

The VCO calibration plus lock time will take approximately 260µs worst case.

ii. what is the noise floor value at RX end at -80 dB, as this ic has sensitivity of -80dB.

Please use ADISIMRF signal chain calculator to calculate the Noise floor.

https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/adisimrf.html

iii. How can i reduce the bandwidth (RX side only) without slow down the IQ data rate. (in form at analog.com i found that it may be not possible) kindly explain.

Please use the filter wizard tool to create the custom profile.

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/mykonos/software/filters

• Good day sir,

sir i wanna to know if it is possible with AD9371 putting TX LO at fix frequency and then hop to a near by frequency within the TX bandwidth (TX has 100 MHz bandwidth) without changing the central frequency of Tx.

regards

Asad Asif

• What do you mean by hoping to the nearest frequency without changing the LO? If you set the LO to a fixed frequency, then you can send your input data anywhere within LO+/-50MHz.

• i want to say that, i have set the central frequency at 2.4 GHz and now i want to hop (jump) above and below this frequency about 8 MHz, i want to control this hops (more than 100k hops per seconds) above and below my central frequency and is it possible to do that with AD9371?

should i change the central frequency for that?

is it even possible with this device?

can you suggest any possible solution how to do that with ad9371 if possible

thanks

• So, you need to hop the LO frequency to 2.4GHz+/-8MHz?  Fast frequency hoping is not supported by AD9371. You can use AD9361 for that. In fast lock mode, the LO hop time is reduced to 20usec. Refer to the fast lock section in AD9361 UG for details on doing that.

• thanks for reply, yes i need hopping, is it possible to do it with AD9371 using external LO with fast locking, like DDS LO, kindly answer following query

is it possible to hop frequency with above mentioned procedure e.g. with external LO?

is there any performance degradation in external LO?

any fast DDS LO you can recommend with the hops 100k per second, lock time <= 10us

• thanks for reply, yes i need hopping, is it possible to do it with AD9371 using external LO with fast locking, like DDS LO, kindly answer following query

is it possible to hop frequency with above mentioned procedure e.g. with external LO?

is there any performance degradation in external LO?

any fast DDS LO you can recommend with the hops 100k per second, lock time <= 10us

Children