I originally posted this thread, to get the default OSD showing for the EVAL-ADV7625-SMZ board (many thanks to Poornima for her help).
I have followed the Y-modem instructions in 3817.Advantiv_CrossPoint_Application_UserGuidePr1.5.pdf, section 3.2.2 "Up-grading OSD firmware on EVAL-ADV7625 SMZ platform", but when I activate OSD_EN, and OSD_BLEND_EN, the old example keeps showing up.
None of the *.bin files that I have generated from the Blimp designer tool have been able to show up.
1) Where is this example OSD overlay (shown above) being stored and retreived from?2) If I am flashing my Blimp-generated *.bin file to SPI Flash 0:2, how can I get the Blackfin/ADV7625 to look there?
Thankyou so much for your help!
It is good to see that you are able to view the default OSD.
Please find the answer below.
1) Where is this example OSD overlay (shown above) being stored and retreived from?
Our ADV7625 evaluation board comes programmed with a software driver which has in built OSD data in internal flash.The OSD information stored in Application binary itself.
2) If I am flashing my Blimp-generated *.bin file to SPI Flash 0:2, how can I get the Blackfin/ADV7625 to look there?
Can you make sure the below is taken care while trying to view your generated OSD.
I noticed that with my version of Blimp (Version 3.9.5963.32661 SP2), the option you mentioned to set build options to External flash memory or Internal flash memory is only available if the Project is chosen to be ADV7625 OSD (the first option, shown below).
If I choose ADV7625 Static OSD or ADV800x OSD, the option is not available.
I followed your steps exactly, according to Section 2 (STEPS TO INTEGRATE OSD PROJECT INTO HDMI SOFTWARE DRIVER) of 3817.Advantiv_CrossPoint_Application_UserGuidePr1.5.pdf as closely as I possibly could. These were the steps I did:
1) Take SRC directory from ADV7625_Evaluation_Board_Software-Rel2.4.0 and use it to replace VisualDSP 5.1.2\Blackfin\Examples\BF_7625_7625_X2.3.3REL_20150323\ADV7625_SW entire directory structure.
2) Go to BF_7625_7625_X2.3.3REL_20150323\ADV7625_SW\APP\XREP\OSD, and delete the 'firmware' directory. Take 'firmware' directory (containing include/ and source/) generated by Blimp and paste it where the old one used to be.
3) Replace the *.c and *.h files in ADV7625_SW\APP\XREP\OSD\DemoOsd with the *.c and *.h files generated by Blimp with the same name, as per the UserGuide pdf document.
4) Open the ADV7625_BF524.dpj project in VisualDSP++ 5.1.2. Connect to the target. Click 'Build Project' or 'Rebuild Project'.
Then I get 9 compile errors. This is one of them as an example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Analog Devices\VisualDSP 5.1.2\Blackfin\Examples\BF_7625_7625_X2.3.3REL_20150323\ADV7625_SW\APP\XREP\OSD\firmware\include\osd_type.h", line 76: cc0101: error: "ATVERR_TRUE" has already been declared in the current scope ATVERR_TRUE = 1,
If I choose ADV7625 Static OSD or ADV800x OSD, the option is not available Yes,ADV7625 Static OSD and ADV800x OSD does not contain the flash memory option since they automatically use external flash. Please make sure to set the USE_EXTERNAL_TYPE value to 1 in the osd_types.h file (Refer Pg-15 of Advantiv_CrossPoint_Application_UserGuidePr1.5.pdf). Rebuild the project and follow the same procedure with above mentioned steps.