I received same questions about AV mute of ADV7626 from our customer.
1) According to AV mute and Black image, AV mute seems to be given priority over take priority of Block mute when we use AV mute (TX Main 0x4B) and Black image (TX Main 0x9E) at same time, Is it specification of ADV7626?
2) We can see a picture in a moment when we clear the AV mute in following operation.
1) set AV mute --> shown AV mute on a screen
2) set Black image --> shown AV mute on a screen
3) clear AV mute --> shown a picture on a screen in a moment, then shown Black image
4) clear Block image --> shown a picture
Can we avoid like this phenomenon?
3) We can see a picture of original source when we change AV mute from set to clear during to changing the input source in following operation.
1) change the input source by 0x01 of IO
2) set AV mute before shown a picture
3) wait a moment
4) clear AV mute --> original source is shown in a moment then new source is shown
What purpose we are executing the AV Mute in such a phenomenon? Please let us know.
Av Mute: One purpose of the AV Mute is to alert the Rx of a change in the TMDS clock so the Rx can mute audio and video. AV Mute also pauses HDCP encryption, so the HDCP link is maintained while the TMDS clock is not stable. It can also be used in general to tell the sink to mute audio and video. AV Mute is not sufficient as a means to hide protected content, because the content is still sent even when AV Mute is enabled. AV Mute can be enabled once HDCP authentication is completed. This can be used to maintain HDCP synchronization while changing video resolutions. But It is not recommended to rely on AV mute to avoid sending audio and video during HDCP authentication.
VIDEO_OFFSET_CTRL: This signal is used to control the video offset control for U and V channels and also black image control to force black video data out of the TX.
Thank you for your reply.
The customer would like to mute video signal from output of ADV7626 for a fixed time during to change input source. Because the customer adjusts color format in that time.
For that reason, the customer uses AV Mute. Are there any other ways for muting the video signal for a fixed time during to change input source?
Thanks & regards,
I believe,there is no option for muting the video signal for particular period of time.We can handled only through software. But the AVmute only effect on the Transmitter side, So if your change on the source or receiver ,there is no problem until AVmute ON on Transmitter.
Thank you for your reoply.
Yes, the customer would like to mute the output = Tx side of ADV8626.
Our question is;
When the customer use AV mute and then he clear (=off) AV mute, a picture is outputted at the moment from Tx out. The customer would like to avoid like this phenomenon. Is this phenomenon in the specifications of ADV7626? Or can we avoid like this? If we can avoid this situation, could you please advise me?
In our evaluation board,we are not observing the behavior as you mentioned.
How do you configure the board either through reference script or software driver?
And also crosscheck your binary file that you are using as latest.
Thank you for your support.