I have an application where I am controlling Inrush current of 40Amps; To control this I am using ADM1270 IC. This can be understood by following block diagram.
I have issue in Timing parameters to calculate capacitor values.
My spec are mentioned below
- Vdc min.=16V
- Vdc max=32
- Vdc nom=28V
- Idc max =3.33A@16V
- Inrush current by EMI Filter and Converter = 40A
- Output capacitor= 100-500uF(After Filter and Converter)
- Amb Temp.=71°C
- Power Good threshold=16
- Voltage Foldback=15.2
- UV=10% of 16V
- OV=10% of 32
- RPOWERUP = don’t know (static load resistance during system power up)?
- P channel Mosfet Used to suit design is SPB80P06P G
Vds=-60V;Ids=-80A;Rdson=23mΩ @ 25°C and 36mΩ @ 150°C;θja=60K/W and θjc=0.6K/W
I did not get following things
- MOSFET SOA Analysis – Short Circuit
- Graph of Op voltage Vs Power Dissipation
- How it is going to protect by Short ckt operation
- How it is protecting converter and filter by 40A Inrush Current.
- In spread sheet and Datasheet Inrush Value is not considered.
- But I have to protect my converter and filter by 40A inrush current.
- Kindly help me for these calculations in detail