AnsweredAssumed Answered

HMC7043 RFSYNC has an influence on CLKOUT

Question asked by Eric_yang on Oct 15, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 by kpeker
Hello!
    I used a clock management chip - HMC7043 and faced some problems. we  input CLKIN for 240M and 
RFSYNCIN for 625khz, and wanted to output a synchronous 7 CLKOUT (240M) and 7 consecutive SCLKOUT (625khz).             But now, once I input RFSYNCIN for serial signal, the output CLIKOUT will be mixed with CLKOUT(625khz) 
disturbing each CLKOUT(240M), so my post-class device synchronization operation can not be carried out. We tried 
using FUNDAMENTAL MODE, but the output CLKOUT was also disturbed by input RFSUNCIN. We masked RFSYNCIN 
enable switch, and used the internal pulse generator mode, then the output CLKOUT (240M) and SCLKOUT ( 625khz) are
 both normal output. 
    So I am confused, is it the mistake of operations? or the characteristics of this chip HMC7043 RFSYNCIN can not give 
a serial signal? Should give it a pulse control operation? I spent lots of time for this and even used NFCONF to make the 
output CLKOUT not disturbed by RFSUNC, but the result were not desired. I look forward to your advice or comments.
~thank you very much!

Outcomes