AnsweredAssumed Answered

About AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ HDL programming

Question asked by savvysky on Oct 10, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2017 by savvysky

I want to use AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ on KC705 board. I first downloaded kc705_fmcdaq2_2015_r2.zip  from website and run "run.tcl" in Vivado tcl shell, after I run the software IIO Oscilloscope, the AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ works properly.

After that, I want to program DAQ2 with my own code. I found a HDL reference design on wiki for kc705 carrier. In that design, there is a module system_wrapper in system_top.v, could you tell me where can I find the details of this module? It seems that all the internal functions are in that wrapper. 

In the meantime, I wrote my own verilog code, the whole vivado project file has been attached. Basically this project instantiates a JESD204B transmitter module, a sig_gen module generates a sine signal and send it through the JESD204B module to a GTX port, finally the DAQ2's DAC port1 should output this signal. However, I did not see anything after programmed the board. I did not send any SPI code to DAQ2 in my program, do I need to do some initialization first? Any suggestion on how to debug the program?

Would you please send me some verilog code example on how to communicate with DAQ2 with JESD204B, I am not sure if missed something. 

This is my first time working on AD/DA card with FPGA, any suggestions would be very valuable. Thanks!

Attachments

Outcomes