AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMCDAQ2 with ZC706 Reference Design not working

Question asked by nipunamr on Oct 5, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2017 by mhennerich

I am trying to test FMCDAQ2 with a ZC706 Xilinx board. I have connected in_B to out_B and in_A to out_A. It boots. However, I can't see anything in the oscilloscope window. I realized that I am getting good values (they change) for ad7291 and xadc (I assume this is AD9680). I get -0.00 for axi-ad9144-hpc:temp0; this value doesn't change either. I am looking at this data using DMM tab. I also have a tab for DAQ1/2/3 and set it for "one CW Tone" in both transmit channels for DDC and set the sampling to 1000MHz (Channel Test Mode off) But my frequency amplitudes are not the same when I do a FFT in the IIO oscilloscope.

Anyways, then I decided to use a signal generator (150MHz with -10dbm) and connect it to the in_B (ADC) of the DAQ2 and it gives me two peaks that are equal at -150MHz and +150MHz. Therefore, I think the ADC is working and DDS is not. Then I checked the logs coming out of the booting process (See the attached) and realized that I was getting errors and warning related to ad9144. I am getting, "Error: Driver 'mwipcore' is already registered, aborting...", "e0002000.usb supply vbus not found, using dummy regulator", "spi32766.0 supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator", "ad9144 spi32766.1: Failed to get clocks". Therefore, I think DDS is not working, however, AD9680 is working since it correctly samples an external 150MHz signal. So, my questions are,

1) How do I fix this DDS issue?

2) It seems I can't change the 1000 MHz sampling frequency. The data sheets says it supports IF sampling of signals up to 2 GHz. That means I should be able to change the sampling frequency to 4000 MHz. How can I change the sampling rate then?   

Outcomes