AnsweredAssumed Answered

Configuring AD1939 for 2 Channel I/O ADSP-21489 Ez-Kit

Question asked by epalaima on Sep 11, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 by Jithul_Janardhanan

Hi, I am working with the ADSP-21489 Ez-Kit on an audio project, and am basing my design off the I2S Talkthru example that I found here: https://ez.analog.com/message/253453?commentID=253453#comment-253453 

In this example all 8 of the input and output channels are used (16 channels total), when I only require stereo input and output for my project. I am wondering how I might go about modifying this project so I don't waste resources transferring the extra channels that I am not using.

I am thinking part of this involves changing the SPI configuration structure which is sent to configure the AD1939 defined in init1939viaSPI.c, and the other part may involve changing the functions Recieve_ADC_Samples() and Transmit_DAC_Samples() called in the SPORT Interrupt Service Routine process_AD1939_samples() and defined in SPORT_ISR_process_samples.asm, which shows the samples being copied over / written into the serial buffer.

What do I need to change in these functions and structures in order to achieve this? To be clear, I am trying to read from only ADC Left1 and Right1 and write to only DAC Left1 and Right1. 

Thanks!

Outcomes