I breadboarded a simple circuit to check the functionality of using the AD5206 in rheostat mode to simulate RTDs for a battery management system. I find that the resistor setting is incorrect around 1/10 of the time when the same instruction is given.
- I cannot see any issues with the timing on a scope (attached). I am running this pretty slowly. The clock rate is only 33 Hz.
- I cannot detect any extra pulses or noise on the CLK or CS signals.
- Vdd = 5V and Vss=0V.
- Am I clocking the circuit too slowly?
- The outputs are open circuit right now. I am checking the resistance using a Fluke DMM.
- Also, I did a test tying Terminal B to Ground and Terminal A to Vdd to form a voltage divider but the results were the same.
- I see this effect across multiple channels and using two different devices.