AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using HMC920LP5E for biasing TGA2612-SM

Question asked by luca.banchi on Sep 1, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2017 by kkaya

Dear support,

I want to ask if it is possible to adopt the HMC920LP5E to bias the Qorvo TGA2612-SM. In particular I am interested in preserving the bias-up and bias-down sequence for the TGA2612-SM device.

Moreover, I have a couple of questions:

Q1: The TGA2612-SM requires a V GATE (Vgg) between -5V and 0V @ 7mA max current, but the HMC920 can only provides for a gate voltage of -2.5V @ 4mA. The typical Vgg for the TGA2612-SM is -5V for pinch-off and -2.3V for the working bias point.

It is possible to adjust the Vgg of the HMC920 to match the requirements of the TGA2612-SM, for example using an opamp to multiply by a factor of 2 the Vgg output of the HMC920?

Moreover the HMC920 provide also for a positive Vgg that is not allowed for the TGA2612-SM. How  it can be turned around?

Q2: I have no intelligence on the circuit, therefore I want to connect the EN pin of HMC920  directly to the Vdd input (i.e. power supply of the board), does the HMC920 preserves the bias-up and bias-down sequence when the board is power powered-up and down in this condition.

Thank you in advance for your help.

BR

Luca Banchi

Outcomes