AnsweredAssumed Answered

USBStreamer Digital Audio Board --> ADAU1452

Question asked by chelsea.carter on Aug 28, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2018 by Ken.M

My goal is to be able to play audio from PC, send it over to my miniDSP USBStreamer device via USB A to USB B connection, and then to the ADAU1452 via I2S header. I will be using SDATA_IN3 to send 2 channels of audio (Left and Right), that will be sent to the ASRC channels 0 and 1, then outputted at the DSP core sampling rate, and out to the speakers on channels 40 and 41. 

The USBStreamer can only be master so I am using its header pins BCLK, LRCLK, and I2S Data Out to connect to ADAU1452. I have already been able to confirm that my USBStreamer will be sending the proper signals (BCLK, LRCLK, and I2S Data) by playing audio from my PC, but I cannot get audio to play from speakers yet.

When using SDATA_IN3, the USBStreamer will be LRCLK and BCLK master, while the ADAU1452 is slave. Then SDATA_OUT3 will be LRCLK and BCLK master to the power ICs that will be sent to the speakers. Is that okay?

PC --> USBStreamer -->ASRC--> ADAU1452  --> Power ICs --> Speakers

*I have attached a screenshot of my SigmaStudio schematic*

My Questions:

Do I need to connect my USBStreamer device to the XTALIN/MCLK pin if I will be using ADAU1452's MCLK? Would I have to configure the 'Input Reference for Clock Generator 3' Register, to take the LRCLK_IN3/MP13 clock input, and is there a way to configure clock signals in SigmaStudio?

Outcomes