AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue using ADALM-PLUTO for image transmission

Question asked by naveed_923 on Aug 18, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2017 by naveed_923

I am using the ADALM PLUTO AD9363 SDR Active Learning Module for a project which involves transmitting an image using the Tx and Rx of a single PLUTO device. I am using two MATLAB System Blocks (Tx and Rx) incorporating the IIO system objects which exchange data with the ADI hardware system connected to the Zynq platform on the ADALM-PLUTO device:

System design in Simulink

The input image data values are stored in the workspace as a 1x406720 matrix (s_tx_normalized) which is input to DATA_IN1 port of the tx. The transmitted data is being captured from DATA_OUT1 port of the rx and stored back to workspace as 'simout'.  The issue is that the data received is re-arranged and out of alignment, compared to the input data 's_tx_normalized', as demonstrated by these results:

image results

The problem is blocks of data elements are being rearranged by the tx and then transmitted in incorrect order. As a result the 'simout' data and image reconstruction are out of order.  Why is this happening? How does the tx/rx work with its data buffer during transmission/reception? Is there some configuration of the tx and rx that is missing/incorrect?

I have configured the tx and rx using the following parameters:

TX_LO_FREQUENCY = 2.4 Ghz

TX_SAMPLING_FREQ = 32.72Msps

TX_RF_BANDWIDTH = 5Mhz

RX_LO_FREQUENCY = 2.4 Ghz

RX_SAMPLING_FREQ = 32.72Msps

RX_RX_BANDWIDTH = 5Mhz

RX1_GAIN_MODE = slow_attack

RX1_GAIN = 1

Following are the Tx and Rx MATLAB System block properties:

I would be very grateful for any suggestions or help regarding this issue.

Thank you in advance,

Naveed Mahmud

Outcomes