AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADE7763 Calibration for Non-Linear Loads

Question asked by Niranjana on Aug 9, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 by aheredia

Hi,

I am using ADE7763 for energy monitoring. The device was calibrated using the incandescent bulb as load.

But there are variations when the non-linear load (Blower) was connected as load. The waveform obtained was irregular sine wave. The calibrated current value was higher than the actual result. Even if the power factor was shown as 0.9 there was variations from the actual result. Only at full load condition the calibrated result was closer to actual result. At lower currents the active power obtained was almost similar to the expected value, but the apparent power was different. At full load, the apparent power was similar to expected result and the active power was different. When the current was in between, both the active and apparent power was different.

Can the ADE7763 be used for devices with all power factors and can it be used for non-linear loads? If possible, how could we calibrate for these devices. 

The issue was tried to be rectified by changing the PHCAL register value, but still not getting the expected result.

Could anyone please help me to solve this issue. Please let me know if you need more inputs to solve the issue.

Outcomes