AnsweredAssumed Answered

Software Libraries for the ADSP-BF70x

Question asked by dsp_user on Jul 28, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 by Jithul_Janardhanan

I am new to Analog Devices (long time programmer of Motorola/Freescale DSPs).  I purchased the ADSP-BF706 EZ-Kit because I was hoping to use a Blackfin DSP in my new design that replaces the older DSPs.  I am a little disappointed because I can not find example software/code that demonstrate the basic capabilities of the evaluation board / processor.  I was hoping there would be a library of functions, some software written in assembly language and some written in C, that I can download and modify (for experiments as I am new to the Blackfin DSP).  For example, I'd like to see a program that did something simple like to turn the board's LED on and off.

Additionally, what about more complex software such as FFTs and IFFTs that I will surely need eventually?  Is there a source for such algorithms?  Motorola supplied example assembly code for these algorithms such that all I needed to do was modify it slightly for my own design.  Coming up with the code to do this by myself for a complex processor seems like a daunting task.

Thanks,

Sheldon

Outcomes