AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to control ADALM1000 (M1K) with LabVIEW?

Question asked by b2tnono on Jul 27, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 by dmercer

Hi everyone,

I am trying to control the ADALM1000 with LabViEW for a school project. I want to use it to extract IV curves, just by sourcing a voltage to a channel and measuring its current. So basically, I need to write a LabVIEW program doing a fraction of what PixelPulse does.
I have to use LabVIEW because we use it for the rest of our project and this will be integrated to a bigger LabVIEW program.

So I wanted to know if anyone already tried to do that, and if it was possible? I didn't find anything online about that.

For now, I went through the source code of PixelPulse in order to understant how it controls the device, but since I am not really good in C I don't understand everything yet. 

With that I could use the libsmu dll in LabVIEW and write a code similar to PixelPulse using libsmu, but I am not sure that could work and if it is the best solution, if I could know the commands to control the device that would be easier I think.
If anyone could guide me through the source code of PixelPulse for me to understand which functions are used to source a voltage and measure a current, that would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the long question, any information would be really helpful!

Outcomes