AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADAU 1450 master and slave clock signals

Question asked by Reini on Jul 13, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 by Reini

Hello all,

I'm creating a new audio processing prototype, using the Adau 1450. It is based on a Adau 1701, with which I am reasonable familiar with :-) but not quite with the 1450.

We have three I²S signals (two from a ADC, one from a SRC) which should be processed by the DSP. They will be connected to the DSP on the inputs 0, 1 and 2.

The output is configured around a four channel DAC, using two I²S outputs (0 and 1). I would like the 1450 to be the clockmaster over LRCK and BCK. (for example, using output 0 as clockoutput for LRCK and BCK)

My question is: Is it sufficient to set one output of the DSP as clock-master, generating LRCK and BCK for my ADC, SRC and DAC ? I mean, it is not necessary to connect the LRCK's and BCK's from all used inputs and outputs of the 1450 on the PCB? So that I only have to route in the pcb the LRCK and BCK from output 0 to the ADC, SRC and DAC and from the ADC and SRC the I²S datasignals to the DSP SDATA-INputs and the I²S datasignals of SDATA-OUTputs 0 and 1 to the DAC?

For clarity I added a picture with connections to the DSP as I think it should be :-)

Hope to hear from one of you :-)

With kind regards,

Reini

Attachments

Outcomes