AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7511 Output color

Question asked by S.Griebsch on Jul 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 by S.Griebsch

Hi,

I have the following problem. I use the ADV7511 with 16-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 input. If I connect it to a monitor I always get false colors.

This is my hardware setup:   - input port Data0 - Data7 are not used and connected to ground

- input port Data8 - Data15 are connected to 8-bit CbCr

- input port Data16 - Data23 are connected to 8-bit Y

The input data seems to be good. As a test video I use grey level (black to white). From the data i see, that the input value is looking good. Also I have a SDI serializer conneceted and the output over SDI looks fine. So basically the input to the ADV should be ok.

Now my setup configuration.

Input video format register is set to 16-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 separate syncs -> value should be Input ID 1

Register 0x16[3:2] is set to style 3 according to table 17 from programming guide

Register 0x16[5:4] is set to 8-bit color depth

Concerning bit 7 I'm a little bit uncertain if I have to set the output to 4:4:4 or 4:2:2.

Let's say I don't want to upscale, so I leave this bit unset.

Because I only get HSync and VSync I need to let the ADV generate the DE. For that I set bit 0 in register 17.

The DE generation registers are setup as they used to be from table 26.

What I see on the monitor are colored stripes instead of grey level strips.

What could case this behaviour? Is there a point I have missed setting up?

By the way, i have looked into the scripts from other postes, but without a result.

Thanks for the support.

Outcomes