Is there a programming interface for the EVAL-AD9517-4?
I'd like to automatize (at least partly) the configuration of AD9517 registers.
We don't have an API for the AD9517, but there really isn't much to it. Fundamentally, there are seven steps to using the part:
1. Use ADIsimCLK to model the loop filter and determine the correct component values.
2. Use the evaluation software to come up with the correct register settings. Here's a user's guide that covers use of the evaluation software: http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/user-guides/UG-075.pdf
3. Write all of the registers in the .STP file (which is in text format and generated by the evaluation software).
(Keep in mind that R0x018<0> should be 0b at this stage.)
4. Write R0x232=0x01 to make those registers active.
5. Write R0x018 with the same value as before, but with Bit 0 of R0x018 = 1b
6. Write R0x232=0x01 one more time, ensuring that the reference input clock is present while doing do.
7. Poll R0x01F to ensure the PLL is locked (optional).
Following this sequence will work every time, regardless of whether or not the PLL is already programmed.
- Paul Kern
Retrieving data ...