AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error Connecting to ADSP-21489 EZ-Kit Visual DSP++

Question asked by epalaima on Jun 13, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 25, 2017 by Kader.M

Hi, I recently received my ADSP-21489 EZ-Kit (EVAL-21489-EZLITE Evaluation Board | Analog Devices) and have been trying to run the example programs included with Visual DSP++. I have successfully installed Visual DSP++ and entered the license included with the EZ-Kit, I then succeed in making a session, however when I try to activate the session and connect to the board I get the following error:

An error has occurred while trying to connect to the target. Please verify that the target components have been properly installed and, if trying to connect to physical hardware, that the appropriate target connections have been made.

Error code: 0x80048008

Error description: JTAG communications scan error

Target: Sharc Emulators/EZ-Kit Lites

Session: ADSP-21489 EZ-Kit Lite via Debug Agent

Platform: ADSP-21489 EZ-Kit Lite via Debug Agent

Processor: ADSP-21489

I have checked that my session setting are the same as those described on P.29 of the EZ-Kit Manual (http://www.analog.com/media/en/dsp-documentation/evaluation-kit-manuals/ADSP-21489_ezboard_man_rev.1.1.pdf ). The board is being given power via the P16 5-Volt input and I have checked all jumpers and dips are in the default position. When first connected my USB port the debug agent power and monitor LEDs light up. After attempting to run the session the debug agent status LED lights up. I have checked in my device manager that the debug agent is set up and the driver registers as being properly installed. I am attempting to run the 21489 AD1939 C Sample-Based Talkthru 48 or 96 kHz example project found in the Visual DSP++ examples folder. I am using a computer running Windows 10. 

Is there anything you can point to that may be causing this issue?

Thanks!

Outcomes