AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361 Baremetal No OS Driver Microblaze KCU105

Question asked by sulemanzp on Jun 13, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 26, 2017 by DragosB

Hi experts.

I am trying to use AD9361 fmcomms3 with KCU105. I Created new project with only Microblze, Xilinx SPI and AD9361 IP core. I generated bit file successfully also write my own custom code to verify the SPI functionality and its working. 

Now i am trying to use No OS API so i can perform complete testing. 

1- I followed AD9361 No-OS Setup guide to generate my project. 

2- I download No OS Master branch code and copy paste below mentioned files in my project.

- ad9361.h and .c

- ad9361_api.h and .c

- ad9361_conv.c

- common.c

- config.c

- main.c

- util.c and .h

- [platform_xilinx] platform.h and .c

- [platform_xilinx] parameters.c

after that i comment line number 55, 56, 315, 316, 334 and 344 from platform.c

This is because right now i am using hdl without ddr or gpio modules. 

I also comment out the code in the main function but only printf to see if compiled code works on the hardware or not.

Now after everything i build the project and getting error. I am pasting the error below.

'Finished building: ../src/platform.c'
' '
'Building file: ../src/util.c'
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc compiler'
mb-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -MT"src/util.o" -I../../bsp/microblaze_0/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mno-xl-soft-div -mcpu=v10.0 -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-multiply-high -Wl,--no-relax -MMD -MP -MF"src/util.d" -MT"src/util.o" -o "src/util.o" "../src/util.c"
'Finished building: ../src/util.c'
' '
'Building target: sw.elf'
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc linker'
mb-gcc -Wl,-T -Wl,../src/lscript.ld -L../../bsp/microblaze_0/lib -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mno-xl-soft-div -mcpu=v10.0 -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-multiply-high -Wl,--no-relax -o "sw.elf" ./src/ad9361.o ./src/ad9361_api.o ./src/ad9361_conv.o ./src/main.o ./src/platform.o ./src/util.o -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group
c:/xilinx/sdk/2016.4/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/5.2.0/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld.exe: sw.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `microblaze_0_local_memory_ilmb_bram_if_cntlr_Mem_microblaze_0_local_memory_dlmb_bram_if_cntlr_Mem'
c:/xilinx/sdk/2016.4/gnu/microblaze/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/5.2.0/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/ld.exe: region `microblaze_0_local_memory_ilmb_bram_if_cntlr_Mem_microblaze_0_local_memory_dlmb_bram_if_cntlr_Mem' overflowed by 120640 bytes
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sw.elf] Error 1

02:16:55 Build Finished (took 2s.116ms)

I have no idea what is this error, may be related to the Microblaze size?. 

Also when i try to make MakeFile.Microblaze it gives error. 

No rule to make target 'system.hdf'.....

Please help me, its urgent i have to up the interface ASAP.

Outcomes