AnsweredAssumed Answered

preprocessor paths tab missing, CODAN bogus errors

Question asked by jpadamson on Jun 9, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 by Kader.M

I'm using CCES 2.6.0 with Linux Add-in 1.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 (32 bit).

The eclipse CDT code analysis (CODAN) is extremely useful for real-time  syntax checking, but it can be very fussy, and there are occasions when CODAN flags numerous "bugs" and yet the compiler is perfectly happy.  Usually, what fixes this (with non-CCES projects) is to tell CODAN to use the output of the compiler as a data source in a tab called "Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros, etc."   See this for an example of what it looks like and where it appears in the settings.  I've even found a spot in the workspace settings where this tab can be displayed/hidden, but the box is checked to have it displayed.

But for some reason, with CCES this tab doesn't appear.   Any clues as to why, and how I can remedy it?  

There's even a spot in the properties (C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Includes) where Eclipse is telling me "The settings are not used by indexer (MBS provider is disabled on 'Preprocessor Include Paths' page."

Without access to the page, I can't fix the problem and I suspect I can't even work around the problem by adding more include paths.  

I should note that I make extensive use of my own code libraries, and any include file that's not directly in the project workspace gets flagged by CODAN as an unresolved inclusion.  

John

Outcomes