AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7513 does not output video

Question asked by S.Griebsch on Jun 9, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 by JeyasudhaMuthuPerumal

Hi everyone,

I 'm struggling a little bit with setting up ADV7513 correctly.

I have my own hardware with the ADV7513 as HDMI transmitter. I also have an EVAL-ADV7612-7511P board.

The ADV7513 is controlled by a µC. My software is using the ADIAPI. I finaly got the ADIAPI_TxIsr to work correctly (as far as I can tell).

What does already work. I'm able to initialize the ADV through the API and handle all interrupts (HPD, MonitorSense, EDID).

I do get valid EDID from the connected Monitor but after reading the EDID the ADV7513 does not output anything.

From the API I can see, that the HDMI states are as they supposed to be:

- chip and tmds not powered down

- hdp, monitorsense, outputhdmi, plllocked are all true

- video not muted

- AVmute Clear true and AVmute Set false

- detectedVic 0x13 --> correct for 720p50

I got these informations from the ADIAPI_TxGetStatus() function

So my question is, what could case video not to be output to the monitor?

I do not use HDCP, so for that there is no communication between ADV and monitor. I guess that this is not neccessary, because the communication between the HDMI transmitter on my hardware looks just like the one from the evalboard.

Could there be a problem with the incoming ITU source? I thing if there is a problem I would not get a valid VIC. Am I right on that?

I the programmering guide I can see from differnt diagramms, that after reading EDID from the monitor I do have to setup video. I did already setup the correct video input and output formats when initializing the transmitter. I do know that the monitor is able to handle that format, because, like I said on the evalboard its working fine (connect the monitor and run the script). Do I have to run the initializing values again after reading the EDID data?

Unfortunately the API description does not exactly tell how to proceed after reading EDID and not using HDCP.

Thanks for the support

Stefan

Outcomes