AnsweredAssumed Answered

SD Card On PicoZed SDR 2x2 Not Reliable After Linux Mount

Question asked by jlavie on Jun 6, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 by mhennerich

I am experiencing SD Card read and write failures on the PicoZed SDR 2x2 after boot is finished when the SD Card is mounted as a Linux device. Note that the SD Card never fails during boot. I would like to know if any other users are having this same problem and perhaps have solved it.

I am confident that the SanDisk 8GB SD Card I am using is not the issue because (a) it was selected from the "Avnet SD Card Advice for Zynq 7000 All Programmable SoC Products" list of recommended SD Cards and (b) it works flawlessly when the same exact SC Card that previously failed in the PicoZed SDR is used in a ZC706 eval board.

The problem may be the SD Card settings in the Zynq PS registers. These PS registers are set in the FSBL during boot. My understanding from our software engineer is that we are using the same FSBL as the PicoZed SDR reference design. This make me think that we should expect other users to run into the same read/write failures when mounting in Linux. Has anyone changed the Zynq PS SD Card registers to make the SD Card more reliable?

Thanks for your help!
John

Outcomes