Question asked by mhebi on Jun 5, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 by DougI

Hello everybody,

I would like to develop a DAQ system with the following specs:

1) Sampling Frequency: >50 MSPS

2) # of Channels: >=16

3) Take 5000 samples (with 50MHz) every 1/5 of a second

4) Data acquisition for 1 minute

We are migrating from Texas Instrument (TI) to AD and we would like to do so with the least amount of time and effort. I was hoping I could do this using the HSC-ADC-EVALEZ and AD9249. I have a couple of general questions:

1) I have not been able to find what is the limit to the number of channels that Visual Analog can capture simultaneously.

2) Does the VisualAnalog-EVALEZ combination work in a real-time fashion or in a one-time capture mode? For example, TI's capture boards store the data in FPGA board's RAM and after it's full the FPGA transfers the data to the PC, I call this one-time capture. However, it seems that EVALEZ transfers the data to VisualStudio in real-time.

3) Do you think that the VisualAnalog-EVALEZ combination will work for our case?

4) Is there an API for programming a custom software to control the functionality of HSC-ADC-EVALEZ?I am assuming that in order to implement the task I described, in case the 

5) I am assuming that in order to implement the task I described, in case the VisualAnalog-EVALEZ combination doesn't work, we will have to write a custom software that would send the capture commands every 1/5 of a second. My question is, does the USB connection and the software overhead allow for transfering the captured data in 1/5 seconds?

Thank you all in advance,

Hossein

Outcomes