AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9680-500 Can't work long-time in normal mode

Question asked by liuzhao on May 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 by Clarence.Mayott

Hello, neilw

I asked you for help before and I am now still need your help with different problems.

To understand easily I briefly describe my test setup.  I am using a AD9680-500 as a digitizer for a input signal from a Agilent generator. The SYSREF timing signal is produced by a AD9528 PLL device, and the SYNC signal by a on-board button with a jitter cleaner device MAX6816EUS+. I take the output of this digitizer as data source for the transmitter of links to the receiver board. In this test setup I experiment the data transmission in with Homologous clock( both transmitter and receiver use clock from the same clock) and non-Homologous clock which means I use different clock for the receiver side with the transmitter( clock multiplied from a on-board 40MHz clock for transmitter and recovered clock for the receiver). In both cases I received the expected increasing data samples for long time (more than half an hour) if use the predefined data in the ADC memory in the test mode.

In a normal data digitizing mode, I input the sin signal from Agilent generator to the ADC input with anamplifier ADL5565. I received also the sin shaped data for a short time roughly in mill-seconds, and only in mill-seconds in both recovered clock and non-recovered clock in the receiver side/board. I noticed a RXLOSSOFSYNC =2 which means a loss of synchronization on the link. If I short the inputs of ADC we have number 7FXX with a RXLOSSOFSYNC=0 in most time.

Could you please help me on how to get a stable working for a normal sin input signal? That is please have a think where I am wrong in using the ADC device?

Outcomes