AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADI EVALUATION BOARD ISSUES

Question asked by Maria Employee on May 9, 2017
Latest reply on May 10, 2017 by Vinod

Dear Sir ,

We have procured a Zynq Board(ZC-702 Evaluation Kit) and AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ SDR Kit from Excel Point Technologies. My Development Environment is Matlab. I have also gone through AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ User guide but there seems to be a lot of gap in the explanation. I would like to request for some application or technical support from your end at the earliest.

Currently we are working on Software Defined Radio kind of prototype projects. We have planned to implement a I-Q Transmitter on ZC 702 and AD FMCOMMS3-EBZ with the help of Simulink running on the same.

(A) https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-fmcomms3-ebz

Quick Start Guides

1. Linux on ZC702, ZC706, ZED
  2. Configure a pre-existing SD-Card
  3. Update the old card you received with your hardware 
  4.      (B ) https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-fmcomms3-ebz
  5. (Q) How to Boot both the Boards together?

1. MATLAB/Simulink Examples
    1. Stream data into/out of MATLAB
    2. QPSK Transmit and Receive ExampleAlso when I have tried to run the model  given in the 2nd point offline ,the program gets terminated showing a dialog error box stating couldn’t include ‘iio.h’ as file not present in the directory. But the directory in which the Simulink model resides, I have pasted all the files under the Libiio Folder as downloaded from the user guide. May be I have to use Cmake software in this case but the point is how?Looking forward to your kind reply at the earliest.
    3. (Q) How to generate the Matlab System Objects and how to deploy the model in the external board?
    4. I have already installed the Libiio Installer for windows and also the IIO system object as is mentioned in Stream Data into / out of MATLAB. Also I have placed the System Objects in the path or directory where my MATLAB or Simulink Model is residing as given in the instructions. But there were some issues for the latter half of the instruction flow. Please find below : (Q) How to use the Cmake software to build the binary files? Which type of files to be used for source code under the Cmake gui?

Outcomes