AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with IIO Oscilloscope and ad9371

Question asked by yaelrvl on May 5, 2017
Latest reply on May 12, 2017 by mhennerich

Hello,

I recently received a AD9371 and I connect it with a Zync ZC706. I am currently trying to understand how to use them with IIO Oscilloscope for Linux but I have to admit that I am quite a novice and IIO Oscilloscope is a little bit difficult to understand. So I have some questions:

1)  I'd like to know how I can run the initial calibrations with IIO Oscilloscope. I see in the AD9371 Advanced plugin that there is a tab called INIT Calibrations where I can choose the initial calibrations, but how can I be sure the calibrations I chose are actually running? Is there a way to see that they have been completed?

2) In order to run TX External LOL initial calibration and TX LOL tracking calibration I connected the TX output to the ORx input via a coupler and a 3 dB attenuator, as explained in the UG992. If I want to run the TX LOL tracking calibration I have to select the source INTERNALCALS and to check the box LO leakage tracking in the AD9371 plugin tab, is that correct? Besides, as I selected the INTERNALCALS source I can't see the signals on the IIO Oscilloscope so I have to use an external oscilloscope to see them, right?

3) How can I visualize the effects of the QEC tracking?

Thank you for your answers

Outcomes