AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADE7913 SPI problem: I am only able to do 1 read operation in burst mode, after one burst the MISO line stays low.

Question asked by jorisdt on Apr 13, 2017
Latest reply on May 3, 2017 by dlath

Hello,

I am using a lopy in an energy metering project, the lopy should receive digital values from the ADE7913 over SPI. Whenever I power up the ADE7913 and execute a read operation, I get the data from all the registers as expected. However when I try to execute a second or third read operation I get no answer at all, the MISO line stays low. I am using a lopy to communicate with the ADE7913 and for now I am just typing commands in a terminal. After the first and only succesfull read operation I toggle the /CS pin twice to set and clear it again. I do this by also typing a toggle command in the terminal, this means that there are several seconds inbetween the setting/clearing and the previous/next read operation attempt. Could this be causing the problem I am encountering? As said before I can only do 1 succesfull read operation after powering up the ADE7913, afterwards the chip does not respond anymore to my commands, please help me solve this issue, thanks in advance for any replies!!

Outcomes