AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ initialisation

Question asked by RobB Employee on Apr 13, 2017
Latest reply on May 3, 2017 by DragosB

Hi,

One of our customers started working with the AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ and a ZED board. Initially they had their own control (from external computer) on the settings of the AD9361, but now they are using our drivers, sligthly modified.

Could you help me with a pointer for the below questions?

---

I have changed our architecture to use the AD9361 software driver. I downloaded the latest version from Analog Devices GIT and I have performed some modifications in the NO-OS version; the code that I am running.

The application is the interactive via the UART commands  to allow to change the configuration.

I have several questions:

1) Could you help me to select the initialization of the system? This is the configuration that I want to set-up:

- The 2 RX paths activated, we do not use the TX

- The RX centre frequency is 2.460 GHz

- The sample rate is 56 MHz

- The bandwidth is 45 MHz

- The gain is fix (MGC) with a default value of 59 dB in both channels

2) How I need to perform the digital timing calibration in the NO-OS driver? I found this information on the web (https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-fmcomms2-ebz/interface_timing_validation) but I don’t find a function to call, there is a variable (digital_interface_tune_skip_mode) in the configuration structure. I would like to have the chance to call the calibration of the system when I detect a lower performance of the system or the temperature changes.

3) After the timing calibration, is there a way to validate that the actual configuration is still valid? Normally for the calibration the device generates a known sequence (PN) n the digital interface, the delays on the clock and data lines are sweep in the total range 0..7 to find the best point. What I would like to do is test that the actual configuration is still valid using the PN sequence without the sweep.

4) How to read the device temperature?

---

Thanks!

Best regards,

Rob

Outcomes