AnsweredAssumed Answered

Zedboard boot problem

Question asked by soha on Apr 5, 2017
Latest reply on May 15, 2017 by DragosB

I think I created a discussion instead of a question by mistake. Just move it from the discussion section ...

Hi, I'm trying to load a Linaro ubuntu on the Zedboard by following the instruction here: Linux with HDMI video output on the ZED, ZC702 and ZC706 boards [Analog Devices Wiki] . I followed the every step to generate all the required files, except that I used the "2016_R2 version of the adv7511-zed reference design" and the "2016_R2" version of the kernel". The Linaro file system I used was also the latest release ("linaro-vivid-gnome-20151215-714.tar.gz") downloaded from here: Linaro Releases  . However, when I inserted the SD card and powered on my board, nothing was shown on my tera term terminal. The terminal kept silent and it seemed that the monitor didn't even catch any input signal... So what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

P.S. does the kernel provided by analog device support ARM CoreSight? If not, what is the correct way to use the kernel provided by Linaro, which I think support CoreSight? I need this feature supported so that I can configure the CoreSight core through software. Thanks in advance.

Outcomes