AnsweredAssumed Answered

Technical Questions about part AD8232

Question asked by a.j.younes on Apr 5, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 by rmunoz
I'm working on developing a ECG/Holster system based on your AD8232(from adafruit) and an ATmega328 (arduino nano) to analyze and save the data to an SD card or send it via USB or Bluetooth.
I have constructed a prototype and it works great, but there are a few issues I'd like to ask about, since unfortunately I do not have the proper equipment to test them myself and wasn't able to find this information in the datasheet:
1-what is the maximum sample rate that AD8232 updates at (according to my testing I was able to get 250Hz, I know that using a faster processor than the ATmega328 will give a higher frequency, but what is the maximum effective refresh rate of the AD8232)
2-How does the the analog signal correspond to the actual voltage sensed by the electrodes( usually the ECG signal is between +30 to -110mV and the analog signal received is between 0 and 3.3v, so if I read 2v How many mV is it sensing)

3-Is there anything preventing this component from being used in an actual medical diagnostic device(after comparing it to an medical ECG in my university the signal received from your sensor had less noise than the actual, so is there any limitation preventing medical devices based on it to get the proper certification)

attached are the readings from a sinusoidal and square wave with an aptitude of 1mv, the reference image is what I get if I give it 0v or 1mv I get the same value about 420 which is about 2v received(0 = 0v & 1023 = 5v)

Attachments

Outcomes