AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADIS 16223 Extended Mode

Question asked by Sille on Mar 31, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 by NevadaMark

Hey,

maybe someone can help me with getting the extended mode work at the ADIS16223. The device works like a charm ones you got all the information together from the datasheet. Yesterday me and a colleague noticed that the sensor is not working correctly after writing to the adress for activating the extended mode. I followed exactly the given information from the datasheet but the sensor is still measuring acceleration data in x, y and z direction instead of using the x and y buffer for the data in the z direction. Only the z-buffer provides valid data which matches the the calculations and the signal produced from our shaker.

here is what we have done, pls have a look a the adresses:

write_reg(pin, 0xB62F)      // DIO 1 busy indicator DIO 2 as a trigger
       write_reg(pin, 0xB804)     // filter settings this setting works - 4,5kHz filter and a 100Hz Signal from our shaker = ca.                                                  //22 swing cycles that is what we see only after reading the z-buffer
       write_reg(pin, 0x9E0C)    // extended mode z direction
       write_reg(pin, 0x8F00)   // save settings, clear buffers, reset pointer ...
       measure()                        // trigger a measurement high state on DIO2
       wait()                              // read DIO1 wait until data is ready   

After this we read 1024 samples from x-buffer, y-buffer, z-buffer because datasheet states that the x and y buffers will provide the other data if in extended mode (z-direction)

Instead of measure() we used also the adress 0xBF08 but it didn't solve the problem.

Help would be appreciated, thanks a lot hopefully somebody can help

Best Sille

Outcomes