AnsweredAssumed Answered

Passing HDMI signal through EVAL-ADV7612-7511P

Question asked by jasonuy on Mar 10, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 by jasonuy

Hi,

I'm trying to do pass HDMI signal (1080p) from a laptop to a TV.  The Eval board is in between the two devices.  I connected the output of the laptop to HDMI-IN-A and the TV to the HDMI-OUT.  Using AVES Blue ver 3.03.1545, I loaded the script called ADV7612-VER.2.9c_AVEB.txt. Based on the names of the script, I thought it makes sense to run HDMI IN ADV7612 - HDMI OUT ADV7511 (6-1f Port A xxxxxx).  Nothing happens when I do that (ie. TV doesn't show my laptop monitor).  I understand the eval board we purchased doesn't have HDCP but I don't think the laptop does HDCP when displaying the desktop (Laptop running windows 7 32 bit).

I can connect the laptop directly to the TV and everything is fine.  What else am I missing?  The Eval board has default jumper settings which i believe connects the 7612 to the 7511.  Can you give me instructions on how to do a HDMI video and audio pass through using the eval board? 

What I'm trying to do seems very simple and I can't help but feel I'm missing some basic steps.  I didn't find anything in the AVES3 User Guide 0.13 and wasn't sure where else to look.

Regards,
Jason

Outcomes