AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361 Calibration / FDD TDD Mode Switching - Non-OS Drivers

Question asked by Selwyn on Mar 8, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2017 by Selwyn

Hi,

I am working on a HW using the AD9361 API Non-OS function driver package which I  downloaded from git-hub. I am still exploring the code inside.

From my observations and understanding, I realized that during this function call - AD9361_init(), there isn't any calibration routine being calibrated. Am I right ?  Correct me if I am wrong. I found the calibration functions based on the reference manual UG-570 inside the driver package but they were not used at all. Is there any reason why and if I need to do calibration, is there any sequence of doing so via those calibration functions?

Based on the reference manual UG-570, I know that AD9361 is able to support either TDD/FDD mode. How do I switch the mode in non-os? How do I  know the default mode it is in based on the NO-OS driver package?  I couldn't find much help in the reference manual. Do I have to access the register directly?

The reason I am asking is because in some applications we need to switch from FDD mode to TDD mode, or vice-versa.

Thanks,

Selwyn

Outcomes