AnsweredAssumed Answered

cf_axi_adc_core failing with -16

Question asked by ttyler777 on Mar 2, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 by ttyler777

Hello,

Quick question.  My custom driver that I'm developing is failing in cf_axi_adc_core with error -16.  I'm trying to follow the same format as the AD9361 driver, since my device will be somewhat similar.  I've attached my device tree and a log file of the console output (I apologize about the size, I have all the debugging options turned on).  I've also attached a screenshot of my Address Editor in Vivado.

Here are the relevant bits of the console output:

cf_axi_adc 43c00000.cf-narrowband-core: Device Tree Probing 'cf-narrowband-core'
cf_axi_adc 43c00000.cf-narrowband-core: can't request region for resource [mem 0x43c00000-0x43c05fff]
cf_axi_adc 43c00000.cf-narrowband-core: Could not map resource   //(This is a custom message I put in)
cf_axi_adc: probe of 43c00000.cf-narrowband-core failed with error -16

Any ideas?  Its failing on the devm_ioremap_resource call.  The only thing I can think of is maybe it has something to do with me disabling the DMA at the moment.  But from my understanding, if I make sure dp_disable reads as true, then that should be a problem, but it fails before it even get to that part of the driver.  

I still don't have a full grasp of what the cf_axi_adc_core driver does vs the AD9361 driver, so I may be approaching this completely wrong.

Let me know if there is any more information needed.

Tyler Jackson

Outcomes