I'm working on a project that uses a BF592 as the primary controller and DSP. I've done experimentation with a BF706 processor via the EZ KIT, however, I'm now in need of a way to load programs without the assistance of onboard helper chips. I've also noticed that the BF592 does not feature any kind of USB 2.0 peripheral.
Looking at the boot modes, there exist:
- Idle/No Boot
- SPI1 master boot from Flash, using SPI1_SSEL5 on PG11
- SPI1 slave boot from external master
- SPI0 master boot from Flash, using SPI0_SSEL2 on PF8
- Boot from PPI port
- Boot from UART host device
- Execute from Internal L1 ROM
Looking at these options, I believe loading from internal L1 ROM is what I need. However, I don't know how I can actually load an executable program into that L1 ROM.
Does Analog Devices have any official ISPs or UART based loaders for the blackfin line?