AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADP1290: 2-to-1 power supply line switch function implementation with two ADP1290s.

Question asked by SKBY on Feb 21, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 by Migs

Dear Experts,

My customer is considering to implement the following 2-to-1 power supply line switch function with two ADP1290s. Could you please review the following descriptions and then reply to the following questions?

1. My customer’s requirements:
1) My customer wants to implement the 2-to-1 power supply line switch function as illustrated in the following block diagram.
2) 10[V] and 8[V] power supply lines will be switched alternatively.
3) The maximum electrical current on each power supply line will be upto 150[mA].

2. My customer's draft block diagram:

The following of my customer's draft block diagram of the 2-to-1 power supply line switch circuit with ADP1290s is shown:

3. Questions of my customer:

Could you please reply to the following questions?

Q1: Can my customer directly connect VOUT pins of two ADP1290 chips with wired-or connection as illustrated on the above block diagram without any problem?

Q2: For example, when the 10[V] power supply is switched to the 8[V] power supply, some inrush electrical current will flow from the load back to the ADP1290s. Will the inrush electrical current negatively impact on or damage the ADP1290s? How should my customer reduce the inrush current adamage for the ADP1290s?

Q3: If you have any concern and/or suggestion on the above block diagram with ADP1290s as illustrated on the above block diagram, could you please let my customer know?

Thanks and regards.

Outcomes