Looking for guidance on maintaining .dtb files for use with AD FMCOMMS-2 provided firmware.
- I can build a kernel and .dtb file using the directions posted here
- I can generate a .bit, fsbl and u-boot to create a BOOT.bin using the directions posted here
- It boots and everything works!
- What is the best strategy for maintaining the .dtb file as we modify the HDL code? We will be adding some control paths from the processor to the FPGA, and adding some custom IP blocks into the rx/tx chains.
- Option 1: Hand edit as we make changes. Is this viable? Will the insertion of custom IP blocks move memory addresses around enough that hand-editing is too cumbersome?
- Option 2: Vivado will generate a .dts file. I have been unable to get this to boot. Has anybody had any luck with this approach? Directions here
Thanks in advance,
More Detailed Steps:
- HDL: https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/hdl.git
- Linux Kernel: https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/linux.git
- u-boot: https://github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx.git
- dtc: Ubuntu 14.04 built in
- device-tree sources: (for use with vivado) https://github.com/Xilinx/device-tree-xlnx.git
git clone https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/linux.git
git checkout orig/2016_R1 -b 2016_R1 # NOTE Different Branch - Directions seem to be out-dated
make -j5 LOADADDR=0x00008000 uImage
#make -j5 UIMAGE_LOADADDR=0x8000 uImage
cp arch/arm/boot/uImage <SD CARD>
cp arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq-zc706-adv7511-ad9361-fmcomms2-3.dtb <SDCARD>/devicetree.dtb
# .bif file:
# [bootloader]/shared/test_AD9361_fsbl_2.elf # HDL Referenced above
# /shared/system_top.bit # HDL Reverenced above
# /shared/xilinx_sources/u-boot-xlnx/u-boot.elf # U-Boot Referenced above
bootgen -image /shared/test.bif -o BOOT.bin