AnsweredAssumed Answered

"signal connection relating CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB"

Question asked by Okamoto on Feb 8, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2017 by Okamoto

Hello support team,

Now Our customer will be evaluating AD9645 using AD9645-125EBZ which is connected with CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB. And CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB will be connected to KC705(Xilinx) via FMC connector.

So he needs to know signal connection correctly. However it looks not clear in documentation of CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB.

Please answer to the following signal connection relating CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB.

According to schematics(SCH_9645ce01a.pdf) of "AD9645-125EBZ", "FCO" of frame clock signal is connecting to "P802" PLUG HEADER.

"FCO+" -->> P802 "A1"

"FCO-" -->> P802 "B1"

* R801 is commented "DNI", so it is not connected each other of FCO+- signals.

AD9645-125EBZ and CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB are connected by two connectors as P801 and P802. Signal FCO+/- go to CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB though P802.

According to schematics(AD_ADC_FMC_Evaluation_Board_Schematic.pdf) of "CVT-ADC-FMC-INTPZB", there is not discription for connector name as P802. At this point, I saw those boards, then I could see docked connectors whose silk print on the board is "P802" of ADC side and "P1" of convertor side.

This "P1" is "P1" on schematics(AD_ADC_FMC_Evaluation_Board_Schematic.pdf) as "(J3) DATA BUS 2"?

If YES, "A1" and "B1" of P1 on CNV board from P802 are signal name as DCLKA2+/- of FMC. Therefor DCLKA2+/- is not connect to FMC as signal DCLKA+/- with default setting(for R101 DNI). If user would select DCLK2+/- by install R101, and remove R102, user could not use signals DCO+/-. FCO and DCO are both important signals for comunication of between AD9645 and host controller. However user will not be able to use both signals at same time on this CVT board.

Is the above my understanding correct?

The other understanding in mine,

That "P1" is "P3" on schematics(AD_ADC_FMC_Evaluation_Board_Schematic.pdf) as "(J1) HS-SERIAL/SPI/AUX". That is "P1" convert to "J1". So it is "P3" from "J1"(silk "P1").

Even if this understanding is correct, there is other bellow issue.

FCO+/- -->> P3-A1/B1 (USB_4/5) -->> FMC P201 H25/G22; ADI side

FMC H25/G22 -->> FMC_LPC_LA21_P/LA20_N; KC705(Xilinx) side

FCO+/- differencial signals will connect to LA21_P and LA20_N.

In Kintex IO function of "LA21_P" and "LA_20_N" will not be able to consist for same differencial signal group.

Is this my understanding is correct?

Which understanding is correct?

or

Do you have the other true answer?

Please help him.

Best Regards,

Outcomes