AnsweredAssumed Answered

DDR2/3, DMC and EZ SC584 board issues

Question asked by YanikM on Feb 7, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 by SachinV

Hello!

I have several questions regarding external memory interfaces on SHARC ADSP 21584 and EZ board SC584. Unfortunately, and after long and hard work reading through manuals, Ii couldn't find helpful answers. So anything more than RTFM would be highly appreciated.

1. What exact DDR type is provided with EZLITE SC584 board? In some places such as product website (ADZS-SC584-EZLITE Evaluation Board | Analog Devices ) it says 2Gb DDR3 while in other places such as EZ kit manual (http://www.analog.com/media/en/dsp-documentation/evaluation-kit-manuals/adsp-sc584-ezboard-manual.pdf ) it specifies:

There is one Dynamic Memory Controllers (DMC) on the ADSP-SC584 processor. It connects to a 2Gb Micron MT47H128M16 chip through the Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (DDR2 SDRAM) controller. The DDR2 memory controller on the processor and the DDR2 memory chip are powered by the on-board 1.8V regulator. Data is transferred between the processor and DDR2 on both the rising and falling edges of the DDR2 clock. The DDR2 controller on the processor can operate up to a maximum clock frequency of 400 MHz. With a CCES session running and connected to the EZ-Board through an emulator, the DDR3 registers are configured automatically each time a program is loaded through the use of the preload program.

So what type of DDR is on board? and does it make any difference?

2. working with DDR 

Is this sufficient enough to mark "Use external memory (SDRAM)" in system.svc->Startup Code/LDF  in order to work with DDR? Is there anything else i need to do? It seems i can work well with the default settings of DMC register.

3. From EZ Kit manual :
An example program is included in the ADSP-SC584 Board Support Package to demonstrate how to set up and access the DDR2 interface.

However no such code is found. Can anyone provide a sample code for SC584 DDR/DMC init?

Thanks!

Yanik

Outcomes